250 gms mutton or lamb meat
1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp curd / yogurt
20-30 curry leaves
3 dry red chilies
2 green chilies
1 medium sized onion - chopped
Salt to taste
4 tbsp groundnut oil
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add curry leaves and red chillies. The put
green chillies and chopped onions. Cook for few minutes and keep it aside.
Let it be cool and blend all these together.
2. Marinate the mutton with turmeric powder and keep it aside.
3. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Put on marinated mutton and cook for
one minute on low flame. Add mints and coriander leaves and stir it well.
Add ginger-garlic paste and mix everything well. Add curd and 2 tsp of
4. Pressure cook till the 10 whistles on a medium flame. Remove from the heat
and allow cooling. Place it again on the stove and add coconut milk little by
little. Now add water.
5. Boil it. Now, put basmati rice, lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix everything
well all together and cook it covered for 8 minutes on a low-medium flame.
6. Serve hot for best taste.