One finely chopped onion
1 tomato deseed or pureed
1 green chilli chopped
1 teaspoon grated ginger
Veggies like carrot, potatoes, peas and beans
1 bay leaf
1 cup basmati rice
1. Rinse a half cup of rice and moong daal in a pot separately or together.
2. Heat a pressure cooker with two tablespoons of ghee.
3. Add three-fourth of cumin seeds and one bay leaf. Sauté for 30 to 40
seconds. Next, add one pinch of hing, add one teaspoon of ginger and sauté
for a minute.
4. Add green chilies and onions. Stir it well till golden brown.
5. Add tomatoes, turmeric, and taste-wise salt. Add red chilli powder. Stir it for
a minute and add veggies, its optional. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Drain the daal completely and add it here. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Then drain
the water from the rice and add it.
7. Pour 4 cups of water. Give a good stir.
8. Cover the pressure cooker. For soupy consistency, four whistles and grainy
consistency, two whistles would be enough.
9. Transfer it to a serving bowl by adding a tsp of ghee. Serve it hot!